Are you in search of 5 days itinerary in Japan?
Japan is a country with deep and rich culture and in a snap, you’ll be overwhelmed on where to go. To help you, I am
sharing with you our DIY itinerary which is family-friendly and REALISTIC and yes, I capitalized that word because most of the time, travelers tend to overload their itinerary with so many places to visit in just few days, only to end their trip with disappointment because they failed to visit some targeted destination.
If you have kids to bring in your trip, I recommend to list down two to three destinations per day. Do not overbook because kids get tired quickly and will ask you to carry them all around, which is not helpful if you’re on the go.
If you had a run through in our blog, you already know that we visited Tokyo after arriving in Nagoya and these two places are very far from each other, (kung sa Pilipinas, parang Manila and Ilocos) Back then, we had no choice but to land on Nagoya first because it’s a promo fare that we got from JETSTAR and the only thing that we could do was to squeeze the things and activities in a very short span of time.
Just a reminder, don’t list too many places on your first day or the day that you arrive if it is on midnight or early morning because believe me, kids will surely throw tantrums if you wake them up in the middle of their good sleep, and you’ll never know if your flight will be delayed. 🙂
Note: I excluded the days of our arrival and departure.
TOKYO SKYTREE, TEAM UY
5 DAYS ITINERARY IN JAPAN
- DAY 1 IN TOKYO
- Visit Odaiba (shopping mall)
- Go to the top of Skytree and shop
- DAY 2 IN TOKYO
- Go to Asakusa Temple and shop again
- At night, witness the famous Shibuya Crossing and Hachiko Statue
- DAY 3 IN TOKYO
- At early morning, take a stroll inside the Meiji Palace Ground
- Go to the top of Tokyo Government Metropolitan Building
- exit Tokyo
- DAY 4 IN NAGOYA
- Visit the Toyota Museum
- Be amazed at Electricity Museum (this is an interesting place for kids)
- Explore Nagoya Science Museum
- At late afternoon, stroll along the streets of Sakae
- DAY 5 IN NAGOYA
- Spend the whole morning until afternoon at the Expo memorial park (shout out to all Ghibli fans)
- At night, visit Osu Kannon and Osu Shopping Street
- Oasis 21
For Japan visa application, an itinerary is required, so as a friendly gift, I’m sharing you our editable itinerary form. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD
If you still don’t have Japan visa, you may read our post about how our Japan visas were approved.
For more Japan tour tips, click here