Effective March 16, the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) now offers more slots for passport appointments by opening their courtesy lane for walk-ins in all to its Consular Offices nationwide, following the accommodation of walk-ins in DFA-OCA or Aseana site in Pasay City.
This is in response to the surge of demand for passport processing before the NCR was placed under Alert Level 1.
Walk-in applicants must bring their proof of vaccination to be able to be accommodated. Those who are eligible to avail of the courtesy lane are senior citizens, pregnant women, solo parents, persons with disabilities, minors aged seven and below, and overseas Filipino workers (OFWs).
The qualified walk-ins must present the following requirements:
- Senior citizens- Senior Citizen ID
- Pregnant applicants- proof of pregnancy (medical certificate)
- Solo parents: valid Solo Parent ID card
- Persons with disabilities- valid PWD ID card
- Minors aged 7 years old and below- must be accompanied by a parent or a legal guardian, They must bring original and photocopy of PSA birth certificate of the minor printed on security paper, while additional documentary requirements should be presented if the minor is not accompanied by parents.
DFA reminded the public that unvaccinated and partially-vaccinated applicants will not be accommodated. And temporary Off-Site Passport Services (TOPS) will not be accepting walk-in applicants.
If the applicants meet the necessary qualifications, they can access the courtesy lane. DFA officials remind walk-ins to make sure to bring the requirements to avoid any inconvenience.
Otherwise, the online passport appointment is still open for applicants who want to secure slots on their preferred schedule. https://www.passport.gov.ph/appointment
It’ll be helpful and important to know and be aware of this ! Very accurate and detailed information